Saturday 27 June 2015

Review Celcom FIRST Basic 38 - After 14 days

So now as I have been using or porting my number from Maxis to Celcom of the new limited time offer which is FIRST Basic 38. I will do some review of my usage during the first fortnight using the service.
Check out at their website here to see this plan.







#1
To track my usage I just use Data Usage from Settings in my Samsung phone. I could track how much did I use for what type of application as image on the right side.
#2 Other option is to use Celcom service via message.
Simply type 'BAL STATUS' (all capital letters) and send to 28882. Example can be seen on left side.
I have been told by their customer service that this service is free of charge.

So from 3GB of data I only use of not more than 0.2GB (200mb) which is very surprisingly little. I mean I have lots of remaining unused data. Feeling wasted? Not anymore. With this plan you can carry as much as 3GB of unused data to next bill cycle (next month).

I dont call and message so much these days because I rely more on Whatsapp and WeChat. So 50 minutes and 50 messages would suffice me on average I guess.

You will be charged subsequent usage after the allocation fully utilised. 15sen/min to all networks and 15sen/sms or mms to all networks.

#3 Below is checking through their website Online Customer Service (OCS) but first you need to register to the service. Clich here to register or in case you need some guide.


Through OCS the data usage is little bit more detail than message service (2 decimal places against 1). As you can see the data is valid until 7 Aug 2015 (because my billing cycle is every 8th of month). Different customer have different cycle. I think it takes from your first activation. My activation message came on 8th of July but I only start using the service several days after due to some technical issues.

As they say "valid until", the remaining will be considered as unused data and you can carry maximum 3GB of data from previous months if you have.

My point
By using more than one medium to check data usage, I could compare and estimate more precisely.

What's next?
I will do review when I receive my first billing. I guess it will be available on my billing cycle date 7th or 8th of August. We'll see soon. 

Celcom will notify me through email when it is available. Yes my billing will be online like many of us did nowadays. While it is free of charge, of course, other benefits include clutter free, paperless plus saves time and money. You can print it out if you like to. You can check anywhere and whenever you have internet connection.

If using postage, you will be charged in your bill for RM2 or if you choose to receive detailed information, it would be RM5.
It's just the same charge by Maxis. Summaries billing is RM2 while itemised (detailed) is RM5.


No comments:

Post a Comment